Ayurvedic experts recommend both cucumber and yoghurt to cool down your body temperature. This recipe is a combination of both, but beware: this stuff is addictive!
Ingredients (Serves 4) #
- 1 cucumber
- 500 grs of good natural yoghurt
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- a splash of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- plenty of dill
- a handful walnuts
- a tray of ice cubes
- Cut the cucumber in halves lengthwise and scrape out pips with a teaspoon. Roughly chop up two thirds of it and blend with all other ingredients but the dill and the walnuts. Depending on the yoghurt you use you might hafe to add a little water to get the texture right.
- Finely chop the rest of the cucumbers and the dill and stir in.
- Ladle out into plates, add the ice cubes (3 per plate) sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Affordable Mallorca Tip: Putting your plates into the fridge for an hour before use will give your gazpacho that tiny bit of extra cool.
By Ulla Rahn-Huber
3 August, 2020